Ready to be DIFFERENT? Rate your organization and its readiness for radical differentiation.
Selecting the right type of Pink Goldfish from the F.L.A.W.S.O.M.E. types is influenced by how ready your organization is to embrace imperfection and stand out.
Are you ready to be a little bit different or way different?
Use this scale below to rate your organization’s readiness on a scale of one to five with 1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest.
1 – Strongly Disagree
2 – Disagree
3 – Not Sure
4 – Agree
5 – Strongly Agree
1. Our high-value customers value individuality and see themselves as unique _____
2. Our company is significantly different from our competitors _____
3. Our company culture and values support distinctiveness _____
4. Our company has a history of taking risks _____
5. Our employees value individuality and see themselves as unique _____
6. Our high-value customers value excess instead of moderation _____
7. Differentiation is an essential part of our strategy _____
8. Our industry is losing customers and/or revenues ______
9. Our high-value customers value rebellion and/or aggressiveness _____
10. Our high-value customers value scarcity and/or exclusivity _____
Calculate your total score ______
Here’s the Readiness Scale:
10-19 You aren’t quite ready to get weird. Focus on internal strategies with employees, culture, and values.
20-29 Take small steps toward differentiation with Micro-weirding or Swerving
30-39 Make some moderate bets on strategies like Lopsiding, Withholding, or Exposing
40-50 Go big and start experimenting with Opposing and Antagonizing
Stan Phelps walks the walk. He stands out in the sea of sameness by modeling his own Differentiated Experience (DX) message: Differentiation isn’t just about what you say, it’s about what you do and, more importantly, how and why you do it. Stan leverages his unique collection of 5,000+ case studies on customer, employee, and brand experience to engage audiences with informative learning-based experiences. He believes purposeful DX wins the hearts of employees and customers, and differentiation ultimately boosts loyalty, retention, referrals, and results.
Find Stan’s in-person and virtual keynotes, workshops, and Goldfish tank programs at StanPhelps.com.